View Profile Kettako

All 6 Audio Reviews

3 w/ Responses

Honestly there was something very masterful about the way that clipping happened at the end. It was somehow distorted but very clean lol

mini-island responds:

Lmao thank you so much lol

Just got a chance to see this, and it's honestly one of my favorites from round 1. A cool narrative style that sounds original, solid sound design/mixing, held together by some really pretty melody/harmony writing. I don't always agree with ratings but this deserved it. I eagerly await next rounds submission!

RoachBoarder responds:

Aww thanks!! It really means a lot. I wish you luck in the second round. May it be fun in the end. :)

Great job on the track! The dulcimer was super nice and the 3 act structure really gave some cool contrast. ^_^

I actually really like the second ambient section, gave sone great breathing room, and your use of hemiolas gave some nice material for demonstrating different approaches to composing for "oceanic themes"

DawMii responds:

Hey! Thanks man!!

Really cool track. Almost a shame the bass covers some really beautiful pads and melodic patterns. But god does it make up for how HARD it goes! Loved it

Really gorgeous, a blend of ambient noise-pop and my nostalgia for 2000's-early 10s indie J-rock.
With just a lil depressive angst that fills me with feelings of playing Yume Nikki in high school lol

Great sound design all around, I really liked just how much attention went to the background ambiances and alien-y vocals

I write music and sound design for games, animations, and other media.

Male